Root Down to Rise Up.
BOUTIQUE YOGA SAFARI IN TANZANIA
WITH AN EXTENDED HOLIDAY ON THE ISLAND OF ZANZIBAR
Safari: 12–19th November 2021
Zanzibar: 19–23rd November
Investment from £2057
Investment from £2057
Life seduces you tirelessly for no other reason than to open and surprise you. It invites you to acknowledge that all the locks on your doors are unnecessary. It lures you with all its forms and colours to soften your walls. And life shines unmistakably, unfolding anew each day. This unique African yoga safari plays Casanova, while the meditations will create space within to indulge in all the radiant splendor around you.
Africa, the Jewel, God’s Golden Fleece…
The breathtaking landscapes of the Ngorongoro Crater Highlands, the majestic giraffe, walking for hours through infinite space and nature’s silence, meditating amongst impalas and zebras, delicious dishes prepared by local chefs to nourish and satisfy you, the smell of burning wood, the wondrous African sunset, and the sound of a roaring lion in the middle of the night in the Serengeti… all these are the ingredients and undeniable seducers of this unique safari experience. They will surprise your eyes, awaken your ears, tingle your skin, and they will arouse your very being by their scents and tastes.
TANZANIAN SAFARI + BEACH SUNSETS IN ZANZIBAR – STRESS = YOUR REBIRTH
- Three delicious and nutritious meals daily.
- Sunrise/sunset yoga in the African bush.
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs.
- Wildlife game viewing at Tarangire National Park and UNESCO world heritage site of Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater.
- An opportunity to view the big 5 (the buffalo, rhino, leopard, elephant, and lion).
- Guided nature walks.
- Drive through the savannah; the vast plains of the Serengeti National Park are comprised of 1.5 million hectares of savannah – the annual migration to permanent water holes of vast herds of herbivores (wildebeest, gazelles and zebras), followed by their predators, is one of the most spectacular natural events in the world.
- On safari with an English Speaking safari driver / guide
- To be up, close and personal with the famous acacia tree.
- Transportation in 4x4 safari cruisers seating 6 persons per vehicle all with window seats throughout the safari retreat
- Sun salutations facing the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro.
- An overnight stay in Mount Meru Lodge which is nestled by the Usa river with its own and the wildlife sanctuary; the sanctuary is home to zebras, ostriches, water buffalos, duikers, and a wide array of birds and monkeys.
- An overnight stay in the Tarangire area at Burunge Tented Camp overlooking Lake Burunge; from its elegant restaurant it is possible to watch the lakeshore, watching out for wildlife that come to drink there. – a true sight to behold, worthy of a feature on National Geographic!
- A visit to the Maasai tribe (a Nilotic ethnic group inhabiting northern Tanzania), offering up the opportunity to purchase some of their wonderful crafts.
- Standing proudly in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area of Tanzania is the Ngorongoro Crater, a highly visited African attraction which is a UNESCO world heritage site and the world’s largest inactive, unbroken and unfilled volcanic caldera – feel its energy.
- Staying overnight at the Ngorongoro farmhouse, a stylish and comfortable colonial-style coffee plantation farmhouse – enjoy a spectacular sunset yoga salutation with the Oldeani volcano as the backdrop.
- Two nights are spent in the Serengeti National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site, staying at Serengeti Kati Kati Tented Camp, which in Swahili means ‘centre’, which will offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an authentic bush experience; at night, you will enjoy snacks and a Serengeti beer (one of the many Tanzania’s local beers) or green tea around a campfire, sharing stories and thoughts from the day’s safari adventures with your fellow yogis, or you may choose to relax in the lounge tent or the library, or simply sit out on your private veranda while looking out for passing wildlife and thanking the Universe for allowing you to be part of such a majestic experience.
- Two daily yoga classes
- Two daily meditation practices
- A Maasai blanket
- A safari t-shirt
- Three delicious and nutritious meals daily
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs
- A daily bottle of water
- Group excursions/activities
- Nature hikes with a trusted local guide
- Professional event photography
- Pre and post-retreat support provided by Yoga by Candlelight
- A five-day safari trip to the Northern Circuit National Parks
- Wi-Fi connection –
- A visit to Maasai Village
- Transportation throughout the retreat
- Provisions for any and all dietary requirements
- International flights
- Beverages at mealtimes apart from breakfast
- Tanzania entry visa
- Expenses of a personal or medical nature
- Safari driver/guide gratuities
- Option 1: Shared occupancy = £2207
- Option 1: Single occupancy = £2450
An early bird discount of £150 will apply if the investment is paid in full by 30th June 2021:
- Option 1: Shared occupancy = £2057
- Option 2: Single occupancy = £2300
Extend your safari experience with a 5-day holiday in the island of ZANZIBAR…
Zanzibar... the name alone triggers dreamy visuals of an idyllic tropical paradise, conjuring up visions of picturesque islands with soft, white beaches and shimmering turquoise waters that gleam like crystals. Despite the stereotype, the Zanzibar archipelago has so much more to offer than perfect coastlines and intense sunsets. These islands deliver a vast array of visions, scents, flavours and experiences that will nourish your soul, rejuvenate your body, and inspire your creativity. Zanzibar is unquestionably the dream holiday destination, and the perfect setting to draw your African experience to a blissful close.
HIGHLIGHTS AND WHAT’S INCLUDED
- 5 days, 4 nights
- Half-board (breakfast and dinner)
- Provisions for any and all dietary requirements
- Accommodation on the beach
- Domestic scheduled flight (Arusha to Zanzibar)
- Zanzibar arrival & departure airport transfers
- Guided Zanzibar Stone Town Tour & Spice Farm Tour
- Evening activities at the hotel
- Fire dance on the beach
- Beverages at mealtimes, apart from breakfast
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Safari driver/guide gratuities
- Option 1: Shared occupancy £779
- Option 2: Single occupancy £ 1099
Please note: In order for the Zanzibar segment of the trip to take place, a minimum of 5 attendees are required. The prices for Zanzibar are extremely low as this is my very first retreat in Africa. If you are thinking about taking advantage of this offer, your flight needs to be arranged as proposed (Qatar Airways are offering a very good deal):
- Outbound flight from London to Kilimanjaro – 12th November 2021
- Inbound flight from Zanzibar to London – 23rd November 2021
TRAVELLING TO KILIMANJARO
There are international flights from the UK to Kilimanjaro (JRO), which is our suggested route. You can fly from London to Kilimanjaro with a layover in Doha or Amsterdam from around £480/£550 with the following airlines: Qatar Airways, Emirates, BA, Ethiopian, Swiss Air and Lufthansa.
- Please book your flight to arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport no later than 3:00pm on the first day of retreat booking – it would be advisable to arrive the day before in the case flights are delayed.
- Daily flights to Kilimanjaro (JRO) International Airport in Arusha
- National airline is Air Tanzania
STAYING OVER NIGHT IN ARUSHA (Kilimanjaro Region)
If you are considering to arrive earlier than the retreat date, have a look at the following recommendations: “Mount Meru Game Lodge”(MMGL) or KIA Lodge. “MMGL” is situated, 30 minutes from airport and the “KIA Lodge”, is situated on a secluded hill just 5 minutes' drive from the Kilimanjaro International Airport. They both have a free airport shuttle. Bookings.com have regular specials. Please contact us before booking as we might find you a better deal for on night.
The Tanzanian Shilling is the official currency of Tanzania, but US dollars are also widely accepted in tourist areas. Dollar notes printed before 2009 are usually not accepted. You can exchange money at many authorised dealers, banks and bureaux de change. Get a receipt after each transaction. The following are accepted as payment methods: • Mastercard • Visa
Summer time: GMT + 2 hours from the 1st Sunday in September to the 1st Sunday in April.
Winter time: GMT + 2 hour from the 1st Sunday in April to the 1st Sunday in September.
Tanzania’s climate is very diverse, with tropical and coastal areas as well as cool mountainous regions. Tanzania has two main rainy seasons, the short rains and long rains.
Short rains: October through December
Long rains: March through June
Outside of the two rainy seasons, Tanzania’s climate is often dry and hot. In February, Tanzania’s average high temperatures are around 28 degrees Celsius and lows are around 17 – 18 degrees. Highs in July reach to around 26 degrees and lows reaching to around 14 degrees
. The best season for travel is from June to November, when animal sightings are common.
To enter Tanzania, your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of entry and must include one blank page. Full British passport holders need to apply for an online visa to enter Tanzania. Please click the following link for more information: Gov VISAS.
There are some vaccinations that will be necessary to have before travel is permitted to Tanzania. Please consult your GP, who will be able to give you full details of which vaccinations you will need and to prescribe them for you. Proof of yellow fever vaccination may be required if you are travelling from a region where yellow fever is present.
WHAT TO PACK
Comfortable lightweight clothing, sweater or jacket; Yoga gear; Comfortable walking shoes and sandals ; Sunblock; sunscreen; sunglasses ; Swimwear ;Hat; Toiletries (some will be supplied) ;Yoga mat ; Camera ; For electrical small appliances or chargers, a conversion plug to a three-pin type outlet; mosquito repellent.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- A reservation requires a 30% deposit of the total investment.
- The deposit is non-refundable; if the booking is cancelled, there is an option to nominate someone else in your place.
- The balance must be paid in full within 60 days of the departure date.
- If you are affected by COVID-19 up to two weeks before the departure date, a full refund will be given.
- If the balance is not received by the due date, Yoga by Candlelight reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
Please note: Yoga by Candlelight reserves the right to amend the proposed schedule and include additional activities and site visits as it sees fit.