BOUTIQUE YOGA HOLIDAY
Porto & The Douro Valley ~ PORTUGAL
9th – 13th June 2021
Do Things That Feed Your Soul
Go Beyond The Ordinary
Porto is for the romantic, for the dreamer and for the poet. It is for the traveller and the explorer - of both heart and land. Porto charms like its aged tawny port stored in its cellars hidden within the banks of Gaia. In Porto, you savour the moment - you sit glass in hand basked in the sun upon the riverbank of the Douro. You meander through its timeless back alleyways decked in azulejos (hand-painted tiles) until you reach the miradouros (lookouts), where you are captivated by the magnificence of the Douro Valley.
This is yoga in foodie and wine heaven. It is an interlude for the soul. Days begun in peace with morning yoga classes of pranayama, asanas and meditation, in the grounds of an old, luxury farmhouse. Evenings drawn to a close with the excitement of a traditional Fado show and a melancholic evening stroll under the star-adorned night sky, sealed with a sip of vintage wine.
- Five nights accommodation in a luxury villa with a swimming pool
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners (apart from Thursday lunch)
- All meals prepared by a famous chef specialising in macrobiotic, vegan and vegetarian gastronomy
- Transfers to and from Oporto Airport to the Villa
- Welcome drinks, snacks and sardinhada upon arrival
- All on site and organised activities in Sandim, Gaia, Espinho and Porto
- Glass of wine with dinner
- Wine tasting at one of the oldest lodges in the heart of Porto
- Morning yoga classes on the stunning nature-adorned grounds of the Villa
- Signature evening candlelight meditation
- Suspended meditation shala in the gardens
Option 1: £545 per person - Room sharing with 3 single beds (bathroom linked to rooms through the garden, steps away)
Option 2: £595 per person - Room Sharing (2 single beds or 3 single beds), with bathroom and veranda
Option 3: £650 - Double bedroom with ensuite (single person or couple sharing)
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Alexandra Alves has years of experience in Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga. She received instruction from world-renowned teachers, such as Swami Saraswati in the depths of the Himalayan Mountain Ranges, Vidya Jacqueline Heisel in Bali and Swami Krishnajee in India. Central to her yogic teaching is a surrender to the Universe & its infinite power.
Port Wine Tasting
Nestled in Vila Nova de Gaia, metres away from the Douro River, Graham's Lodge affords spectacular views of Porto historic city centre and the iconic two-tier bridge. The Lodge offers three centuries of craftsmanship and heritage. As it still a working cellar you will get the complete immerseive experience, including many tasting samples! The Lodge houses over 2,000 oak casks and 40 tonels and balseiros of ageing Port wine. So get ready to taste the best of Portugal!
Guided Tour & Boat cruise
With its historic bridges and monuments, azuleijo embellished cafe terraces and picturesque corners on medieval alleyways overlooking the Ribeira, Porto is a mystical city that cannot be missed. From the views afforded by Clergios Tower, the exquisite architecture of Casa da Musica and the famous Lello bookshop that inspired JK Rowling's Harry Potter, you will be immersed in history and beauty. As an extra treat, we will sail the traditional rabelo boat on the Douro, granting us one of the most beautiful views of the city that straddles both
Rabanadas at Café Majestic and Fado
Porto's famous Café Majestic symbolises the splendour of the 'Belle Époque'. With its varnished wooden flooring, winding mirrors and marble details, Café Majestic has been the haunt of famous intellectuals, bohemians and high society. Here we will treat ourselves to the traditional rabanadas (Portuguese French Toast) - a creamy custard centre constrasted deliciously with a cinnamon sugar crust!
In the evening you'll find us at a traditional and passionate Fado show. It is melancholic by nature, with instruments such as the guitar and the mandolin, the Fadista sings poetically of love, pain and saudade.
Fly to OPORTO. There are several airlines that fly to this airport:
TAP Air Portugal
[Please ensure that you arrive in Porto by 12noon latest on Wednesday, 9th June 2021. The private coach will depart from Porto airport at around 1pm]
[Please ensure that your flight leaves anytime after 2pm on Sunday, 13th June 2021, as the coach departs from the villa at 12noon. If your flight is late, you can always stay in Porto sightseeing.]
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- A deposit of £200 is required to confirm your space or you can choose to pay the full amount if you wish.
- The deposit is non refundable (exceptions made for anyone with suspected Covid 19), but you may nominate someone else instead.
- The balance is due 6 weeks before the retreat and is payable by bank transfer. Details will be provided on booking.
- Please note: Yoga by Candlelight reserves the right to change and add more activities as it sees fit.