BOUTIQUE YOGA HOLIDAY
Greek Island - Ikaria
16th - 23th September 2021
(Aerial yoga & cocoon meditation)
Re.lax [ri-laks] : verb
To relieve tension; to seek rest or recreation; feeling of peace & serenity to do a yoga retreat in Ikaria!
WAKE UP IN THE JEWEL OF THE AEGEAN SEA!
On the Greek island of Ikaria life is sweet – unbridled beauty, unspoiled beaches, and unrivalled mountain landscapes. This Greek island, home to the mythical Ikaros, who flew too close to the sun, is an island of contrasts. Here you will find a balance between nature, freedom and development.
This is a retreat for the awakening of the spirit and the grounding of the body. You will practice yoga twice daily with nidra or chanting in the evenings. Most sessions will take place in the spacious open-air yoga platform with dazzling and panoramic views of the rolling Aegean Sea, while other sessions will be on the beach and by the temple of Artemis, the goddess of wilderness.
There will be a free yoga day. Usually this is the day after St Sophia’s party, as we will be partying until the very early hours of the morning.
The afternoon class will be more gentle and restorative. All classes will be suitable for all levels. There will be a chance of practicing anti gravity yoga in the open-air shala, directly behind the beach, which has soul-feeding views over the Aegean sea. I will also be offering cocoon meditation!
A breakfast of delicious yogurts, homemade bread, local honey, cheese, fresh fruit salad and cereals will be served after class.
Evening meals will be traditionally Greek and made from organically home grown vegetables, followed by a traditional Greek sweet.
- Sunrise/Sunset Yoga by the beach
- Yoga by the Temple of Artemis
- A lunch date in the Kampi restaurant highly publicised by Jamie Oliver whilst in Ikaria
- Long walks in the hills with a guide collecting local herbs and feeling the energy of the mountains
- Complementary massage
- Feeding turtles by the beach - they practically come to you asking for food
- Honey bee haven visit - an opportunity to purchase local artisan honeys
- Day Trip to Afines Winery; there will be wine tasting and a lecture into the vision of the Afianes wines; we will practice yoga in the amphitheatre,
- we will sample a delicious cooked dinner by the host and the evening will reach a crescendo with melodic sounds of the cello and the harp
- Visit to Chapel Theoktistis – sculpted within the caves of Ikaria
- An organised tour around the island - 9am to 7pm (optional) there’s a surcharge of 50 euros
- 7 nights accommodation in stunning location
- Welcome circle
- Two spectacular meals a day (breakfast and dinner) from our chefs
- Sharing a twin room or a treble room en suite accommodation – all rooms have a balcony with the view to the Aegean sea and a mini kitchen fully equipped
- 3 double rooms available for single occupancy
- Transfers to and from Ikaria Port to the apartments( for transfers to and from Ikaria airport surcharge of £25pp each way)
- 2 Yoga classes a day
- Welcome drinks reception
- Goodbye party offered by the hosts
- All on site and organised activities (unless specified)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Flights and travel insurance; lunches and drinks at meal times with the exception of water
- This way you will have time to explore the Island and its diverse restaurants at lunchtime
- Option 1: £695 Per Person - Shared accommodation
- Option 2: £795 - Single occupancy in a double room
Early bird discount of 10% if paid in full by 18th March 2021
TRAVELLING TO IKARIA
- Option 1: Fly to Athens and then catch the ferry to Ikaria (ask for full details)
- Option 2: Fly to Athens and then to Ikaria – Aegean Airways
- Option 3: Fly to Mikonos and catch the ferry to Ikaria
- Option 4: Fly to Thessaloniki and then to Ikaria
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- A deposit of £350 is required to confirm your space. There is a 10% discount if you choose to pay the full amount in one go.
- The deposit is non refundable (exceptions made for anyone with suspected Covid 19), but you may nominate someone else instead.
- The balance is due 60 days before the retreat and is payable by bank transfer. Details will be provided on booking.
- Please note: Yoga by Candlelight reserves the right to change and add more activities as it sees fit.